Friday, October 28, 2011

What About Slab Rollers?


I've been asked this question a lot recently, so I figured I'd touch on the subject briefly. Brent and North Star are brands I would highly recommend. Brent is more expensive, but built solid like a Cadillac. North Star is cheaper, but still a very good alternative to Brent. Although I've heard some people say negative things about North Star, I've been using them for eight years now and I think they're great! Never had a problem.  Bailey is another popular company, and they seem to make a good product, but I don't have any personal experience using them.


Ceramic Supply slab rollers are the ones to avoid. They have a pretty good design, but it's made with cheap parts. Plus every time I've had to repair one, it's such a pain in the ass to get them to call me back and answer my questions... I just want a price and item number for chrissake! One time I had to put a little fire under their pants, so to speak, just to get them to send out a part. I placed the order and it took two weeks to get them to send it out. Why does it take two weeks for them to receive the order, pack it, and send it off? They were just sitting on their hands! The company is run by a bunch of gremlins or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment